Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It's That Easy

My sister in law Jean called yesterday evening, and I happened to pick up the phone.
Ususally, if the land line rings it's for my wife, so I let her get it. Considerate, huh?
When Jean said hello, I said, "It's my favorite sister in law in the whole world!" I have taken to saying that when she calls. I added, "I think you're GREAT!"
For a long time, Jean would reply, "Oh, I'm your only sister in law!" She has trouble, I think, receiving compliments.
But now she gets me and accepts it. Last night she said, "And it's my favorite brother in law in the whole world!"
Isn't it wonderful how contageous smiles and loving words are? People love it when you make a splash over them. That's not dishonest, it's just expressive!
Jesus said, "This is my commandment: Love each other" (John 15:17).
It's that easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment