Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Peace-full Car Breakdown

My car is broke.

This is a sad thing.

The ol' Silver Bullet (that's what I named my car because a car has to have a name) began to make noise about a week ago.

Front end noise. Serious noise. The kind of noise that says, "Pay attention, buddy, because you don't want to get stuck somewhere in upper Fort Wayne with your front wheels pointing in opposite directions."

You know what it feels like when your car begins to go down. It's like, "Oh, NO! What's this gonna cost and how am I gonna pay for this and how am I gonna get to work and back and everywhere-bloomin'-else I have to get to every 24 hours of this week!"

I'm used to having the Silver Bullet ready and waiting. It's kind of an addiction. Keys in my pocket and the Silver Bullet waiting. Like a stallion ready for battle.

And now...not.

Also my poor son, who works full time in Warsaw but is officially a "temp" (the recognized employer's term for, "It's possible you may have a future, but probably not") has to give up his wheels. That's because they are officially my wheels because he's still a temp and could be for eternity. So in this space-time continuum of not-reliable employment, he can't commit to car payments. He's stuck.

Therefore I have to take him to work at Warsaw and pick him up until the Silver Bullet is fixed, so I can use "his" car.  

But in spite of all the coming frustration, nail biting and mind-numbing miles, I've noticed a change.

I'm not all stressed!

In my past, when a car broke down, there would be the stressing. I try to hide it, but I'm a big stress junkie. I worry. But this time I didn't.

Because I know God will work it out.

He always has. He always does. He always will.

Lack of stress...this feels nice!

Thank you Jesus, for changing me inside! Please keep it up!

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work" (Paul to the Corinthian Christians in 2 Cor. 9:10, emphasis mine).

4 comments:

  1. Get used to taking someone to work. Because the second you get your car back, mine is going in for not one but TWO fixes. I needs my car to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, NO!! You're gonna owe me BIG TIME!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something’s wrong with your car! Have it repaired now so you won’t have any more problems while driving it. Did you bring it to a reliable car repair shop? If yes, then you don’t have to feel stressed in any way. Your car is in good hands! Anyway, how is your car now?

    -Leisa Dreps

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m glad that you did not feel stressed out with your car trouble. How is “Silver Bullet” now? Back then, I think your car was trying to tell you something. I think it is their way of telling us that they need some immediate fix. The next time “Silver Bullet” produces some weird noise, heed her call. She might need some love and attention![Rita McCall]

    ReplyDelete